GiveLight in the Himalayas
After the earthquake in Nepal, earlier this year, we felt compelled to help children who were left behind. With your generosity, we have already started sponsoring 10 children this past January.
Launch of project and progress
Our research led us to this small but thriving foundation who shares our passion and philosophy of helping orphaned children. We will share more stories in the months to come.
- Earth Quake Hit Nepal - Oct 2014
- Began researching possible ways to help long term - Jan 2015
- Found a few leads - Summer 2015
- Volunteer recommended AF - Sept 2015
- Begin reviewing AF's credentials and philosophy - Oct 2015
- Our Global Ambassador, Laura Ava Tesimale, went to visit our kids in Kathmandu home named Ama Ghar - Dec 2015
- Memorandum of Understanding signed and sponsorship started - Jan 2016
We would like to introduce Rob Sanders, one of AF's long time volunteer and supporters. Rob visits the home in Kathmandu - Ama Ghar - every year and has developed personal bonds with the children. He has affectionately been named Rob Brother or Rob Uncle by the children he has spent time with. On his recent trip to Ama Ghar, he wanted to do something special for our "alumni" - the older kids who have moved out of the house, but miss their Ama Ghar brothers and sisters enormously. Rob ended up taking the entire group trekking in Pokhara and the children had a fantastic time.
It costs $1000/child per year to support inclusive expenses from food to clothing, school, medicine, books, backpacks etc. Total cost for 10 children is $10,000 and our hope is to increase the number to 20 children next year.
Please donate generously.