Work With Us
VP of Global Operations
Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Global Operations will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for all GiveLight programs and will manage direct reports. As the VP of Global Operations, they will provide leadership to the strategic planning process and will implement new programmatic strategic initiatives. In addition, they serve as a liaison to GiveLight’s partners; and work with our Board of Directors to keep them in the loop of programmatic strategies and challenges.
The VP will work with the Director of Operations and our pro bono chief financial officer, Director of Development (role to be filled), and will be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the operational aspects of the annual budget. Finally, the VP will cultivate existing relationships with public and private donors and grow/scale Corporate Partnerships.
Program Operational Leadership:
- Provide effective leadership by being actively involved in all programs and services, developing a broad and deep knowledge of all programs.
- Identify opportunities for GiveLight to leverage cross-program strengths to take advantage of new opportunities and/or to address organizational challenges.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain a high-performance team with an emphasis on developing capacity in strategic analysis and planning.
- Develop and implement tools/training programs to expand the capacity of all staff/volunteers.
- Prepare and submit an annual operational budget, manage effectively within this budget, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered.
- Ensure continued financial viability and long-term growth via innovative fundraising ideas.
External Relationship Development:
- Manage and cultivate existing relationships with donors to secure and expand recurring revenue streams.
- Seek out new opportunities to grow awareness of GiveLight through high-impact forums such as Conferences, Academia, Media etc.
Strategic Plan Implementation:
- Provide programmatic leadership and input for all strategic plan implementation processes with the Director of Operation and staff. Coach directors and managers as they implement the strategic plan and transition program operations.
- Develop and implement a system for tracking and reporting on the progress of the strategic plan implementation.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with extensive program management experience to grow and further develop a proven program that has already made significant impacts. The successful candidate will partner with the CEO and work collaboratively with a high-performance management team.
Specific requirements include:
- Minimum BS/BA degree with at least 10 years of experience and a track record in senior program management.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach a senior-level staff to manage and develop high-performance teams and develop and implement program strategies.
- Deep experience in program budgeting and fiscal management.
- Track record of effectively leading a direct service organize with a complex array of programs with the ability to leverage strengths across program areas; excellent project management skills.
- Analytic and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to point to specific examples of having led organizational transformation projects and program development.
- Past experience managing human resources function including personnel, compensation, and recruiting.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures with sensitivity and respect.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to operational management.
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
Location: hybrid, preferance San Francisco / Bay Area
Salary Range: $110K – $120K
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com